Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1 Mark 1:1-8: Know Your Place

This will be a little bit different than last month. Instead of reading a whole chapter only read the portion that I mention. I may quote some of it but not all of it in the devotional. Make sure that you are also praying along with reading God’s word.
At the beginning of the book of Mark we see that John that baptist is preaching and baptizing people. If you look at this passage he sounds a little crazy actually. Eating locust dipped in honey, bet that is delicious.
Any way if you read veres 7 John says “Someone more powerful that I will come after me, I am not worthy to stoop down and untie the strap of sandals.” John was referring to Jesus. And John knew his place. He knew that Jesus was greater than him and that his job was to prepare people for Jesus. The question is do we know our place? Do we realize how much greater Jesus is than us and are we striving to make people ready for him?

No comments: