Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Proverbs 5: Regret

What do you think your going to regret at the end of your life?

Do you think you will regret doing whats right?

Do you think you will regret listening to those with more wisdom than you?

Or will you regret ignoring those who are wiser and older than you?

Or will you regret your sin, and foolish behavior?

Verses 12-14 say, “and you say, 'How I hated discipline, and my heart despised reproof! I did not listen to the voice of my teachers or incline my ear to my instructors. I am at the brink of utter ruin in the assembled congregation.'”

Here is a man who ignored instruction, and followed his own way, on the edge of destruction. He regrets not listening to people when he was younger. He regrets hating discipline and instruction.

You will regret going to parties, and doing other bad things, but you will not regret living for and loving God.

No comments: