Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Proverbs 22: Excuses, Excuses

Have you ever made up excuses for why you didn't do something?

"The water makes my hands dry out, so I didn't do the dishes."
"There is a loud, angry dog outside, so I cant mow the lawn."
"My parents gave me too many chores, so I didn't have time to do my homework."
"I just didn’t have time."
"There is a lion in the street, I cant go to work."

Oh wait... that last one is in this chapter (verse 13).

You know the sluggard (or lazy person) will make up any excuse just to get out of doing what they are supposed to do. Do you find yourself  not doing things often and then making excuses?

Let me tell you that it won’t be the lion that kills you, but your laziness will, in a sense, kill you.

Repent of this sin, and do all your work unto the God.

No comments: