Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Proverbs 18: Watch Yo Mouth

When I was younger I would often say things to specifically make people mad. I did this most often to my older brothers, because of this I often got well deserved beatings. But if you think about it I was pretty much asking for it, by purposely insulting or annoying them. Have you ever been in a situation where you used your mouth to get into trouble like I did? And you knew you were doing it? Ever said something intentionally to make someone mad? Well essentially this chapter says you're a fool.

Verse 6 says, “A fool's lips walk into a fight and his mouth invites a beating.”

I was a fool when I purposely provoked my brothers. When we talk in such a way as to provoke people, we are acting like a fool. Instead of using our mouth to get into trouble we should hold our tongue and be careful in what we speak. So Watch Yo Mouth!

1 comment:

Drea said...

testing 1 2 3, testing :) - I can so see you doing this to your brothers! your poor mother LOL - you learned tho ;-)