Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Resurrection Sunday: April 8th: He is Risen! Matt 28:1-10

In the moment of what appeared to be God’s greatest defeat he achieved his greatest victory. Jesus died, but he did not stay dead. Oh he arose from the dead. We have reason to celebrate today, because our God is great. Jesus was killed, executed in fact, he gave up his own life but he did not stay dead.
Oh Jesus died, and he died so that we would not have to, but he came back to life. He was resurrected. This is the basis of our beliefs. If Jesus did not rise from the dead then we have nothing, if he did then he is God and his sacrifice is worth everything.
I ask you this morning is your life found in the death burial and resurrection of Jesus? Is this where your hope is found? Is this where your joy is found?
If not repent and turn to him, believe in Jesus and you too will enjoy eternal life with him.

As the song in Christ alone says:
“There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again

And as He stands in victory
Sins curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand”

No comments: